· Results-oriented, business-focused marketing lawyer with substantial experience, developed by managing the domestic film marketing legal division at Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, one of the largest brands in the world
· Pioneer from inception in social media, digital and new media marketing legal issues through counseling very high-level executives on some of the earliest cutting-edge promotions, which promotions often led the way in the entertainment and other industries
· Inside track knowledge from working within 3 major motion picture studios
· High-level experience and knowledge, coupled with lower overhead, allows me to offer a high value at rates significantly lower than many law firms
· Highly creative, holistic problem-solver
· Proven track record of providing timely advice to meet very tight business launch deadlines while protecting company from legal and ethical claims or PR that could hurt the brand
· Skills transferable to entertainment and non-entertainment brands alike
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures - Marketing
Disney Consumer Products - Merchandising and Publishing
MGM Consumer Products - Merchandising and Publishing
Twentieth Century Fox/Twentieth Television - Television Production
Anne Moebes is an attorney, writer and speaker who specializes in marketing and advertising law. She has extensive experience providing legal advice and transactional and rights clearance services, in motion picture merchandising, publishing and marketing (with emphasis on new media and digital marketing). As VP, Business and Legal Affairs for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures - Marketing, Ms. Moebes managed the theatrical marketing legal division 5 years, and is proud to say that the division met every marketing initiative's launch deadline while ensuring full legal compliance. Ms. Moebes and her team drafted and negotiated hundreds of a broad variety of agreements, provided legal advice in the areas of sweepstakes and contests, privacy law, advertising law, insurance and risk management, intellectual property and publicity and online best practices as well as cleared a broad variety of marketing materials. She was also a leader in building company-wide consensus on cutting-edge legal issues related to digital media.
Prior to Ms. Moebes tenure at Disney, she served as counsel to the Consumer Products Division at Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer for 5 years, negotiating and drafting the Division's merchandising agreements, providing rights clearance and advising the Division on all matters. Previous to that, Ms. Moebes drafted television production and talent agreements for Twentieth Century Fox's television division, served as a staff attorney in the Chief Counsel's Office of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (fka White House Telecommunications Office), advocating the President's mass media policy before the FCC and Congress and started her career as a staff attorney at the Federal Communications Commission.
Ms. Moebes actively welcomes inquiries from the following: online and traditional brands and websites, fulfillment houses, ad agencies and lawyers who need assistance with marketing law issues.