THE LEGAL SAVVY SERIES
Creating Sweepstakes and Contests-Legally!
(MCLE CA Credit - 2.0 hours available)
Did you know that 59% of the time spent online by the 2 billion internet users involves participating in sweeps and contests, making it among the top 5 online activities?
Learn why 70% of major companies will make sweepstakes and contests a part of their marketing strategy in 2014. Learn how to attract internet users with your own sweeps and contests. Using an actual case study, learn how to structure legally-compliant sweeps and contests, and use sweeps and contests to build an email list, get free content on your site, and make brand advocates out of your entrants - legally!
Engaging Customers with User-Generated Content – Legally!
(MCLE CA Credit - 1.5 hours available)
Why did the popular dance movie, Step Up, unpredictably, become a hit in 2006?
Utilizing a small marketing budget, Walt Disney Studios conducted one of the first user-generated contests. Inviting users to post videos on its MySpace page, it drew 156,000 friends, and earned $65 million. Three times the box expected, by all accounts, because of that contest.
Promoting Products and Services – Legally!
(MCLE CA Credit - 1.5 and 1.75 hour versions available)
Businesses are increasingly using digital marketing methods to make their websites “sticky”. Attracting customers to your website, and engaging them once they’re there, is only half the battle. How do keep them?
Email marketing, blogger advocacy and tracking customer activity are some of the most effective ways, all of which can be done on a micro budget. A tremendous upside! But . . . with this upside, comes legal risk.
Learn how to collect personal information, track customer preferences, run an email campaign, use brand advocates and prepare website advertising copy in compliance with applicable digital marketing laws.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ATTEND ONE OR MORE OF THESE CLASSES ONLINE?
CHECK BACK ON THIS SITE IN EARLY MARCH FOR REGISTRATION AND PRICING DETAILS.
To register, click on the links below (COMING SOON!):
CREATING SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS-LEGALLY! (MCLE CA Credits-2 hours)
ENGAGING CUSTOMERS WITH USER-GENERATED CONTENT-LEGALLY! (MCLE CA Credits - 1.5 hours)
PROMOTING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES-LEGALLY! (MCLE CA Credits - 1.5 hours)
WOULD YOU LIKE ANNE TO SPEAK FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Who would benefit from the Series?
The classes are designed to be accessible by non-lawyers and lawyers. Non-lawyers typically include businesses, marketing professionals and filmmakers. Lawyers typically include those who do not practice marketing law, but have to field marketing law questions for their clients and lawyers who want to develop marketing law as a specialty. Organizations typically include community colleges, law school special programs, college special programs (e.g., entrepreneurial and business schools), and law departments and marketing departments of companies that want to train their employees to be legally-compliant in the marketing space. If students take all 3 classes, they will gain an overall understanding of the most important marketing laws that impact business, whether it is their own business or that of their clients, and how to comply with these laws.
How are the classes delivered?
The Legal Savvy Series is designed as 3 separate classes, any one or more of which classes students may take separately. All 3 classes can be presented as a series on a Saturday or Sunday, which offers the maximum opportunity to attract more students and offer bundled pricing, or as 2 classes on a weekday night, or as 1 or more classes at any scheduled time. I can also custom develop a class; however, only the classes listed above are approved for MCLE credits.
For example, when the Series is taught on a Saturday, typically, it would run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with two 30 minute breaks. The 2-class weeknight variation would run from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
For more information, or to book an engagement,
please contact me at 626-696-3878
Here are what students have said about my workshops on these topics:
- "Timely info, with wide applicability. Content on maintaining privacy of indiv. info. relevant." - Carol L.(Selah, WA)
- "Good topic. Knowledgeable speaker." - Kurt (Newport Beach, CA)
- "outstanding! great job!" - Edward (Steuben, ME)
- "THE COURSE WAS VERY GOOD. " - Paul (, )
- "Fascinating program. A lot of good information provided. The speaker was very clear and well-organized. " - Russell (, )
- "i like the professor's tone, content and delivery. " - ricardo (, )
- "This was a great course." - Cynthia (, )
- "A very thorough and professional course!" - David Andrew (, )
- "It allowed me to get come MCLE credit at a time that was convenient for me - i.e., during an extended lunch hour or after my 5 yr old goes to bed." - Anissa (, )
- "Very clear, concise, easy to follow." - Jaimi (, )
- "Loved this program. Terrific presentation. Would love to take another course with this instructor." - Suzanne (, )
- "LOVED this course! Interesting subject. Good presentation." - Joanna (Lakeland, FL)
- "The content is informative, and the delivery is even and clear--a good course." - Fangmei (, )
- "Great intro" - Constantine (Zion, IL)
- "Excellent speaker! " - Sally (, )
- "Excellent Powerpoints!" - Sally (, )
- "Excellent organization!" - Sally (, )
- "Good content; egaging speaker" - Maria (, )
- "Ms. Moabes was very good; well-informed, experience in this area certainly showed." - Joslyn (, )
- "Very interesting." - Kevin (Plano, TX)
- "Good presentation, you should use her as often as possible" - Carol (, )
- "Good job!" - Sapna (, )
- "Informative and well done!" - Katharine (, )
- "I never even thought of this as a practice area until I listened to this presentation." - William (RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CA)
- "Extremely professional, clear, concise, and informative." - Karen (, )
- "It was very up to date. The CAN-SPAM and DMCA material was good. There was also some good practical advice about setting up contests of skill." - Phillip (, )
- "Good speaker. Kept it lively." - Robert (Cooper City, FL)
- "Extremely knowledgeable! " - Marilyn (, )
- "Excellent presentation wit good materials" - Osmond C. ________________________________________________________________
TO SEE SOME CLIPS OF MY PUBLIC SPEAKING, CLICK HERE.
Recent Speaking Engagements
Digital Hollywood: “Keepin’ it Legal in Digital Marketing” - (5/11, 10/11, 5/12, 10/12, 10/13, 5/14, 10/14)
California Lawyers for the Arts: “Digital Marketing Law for Filmmakers” – Solo Speaker (10/11)
Women’s International Film Festival: “Digital Marketing Law for Filmmakers” – Solo Speaker (3/12)
Online Education Inc.: “Keepin’ it Legal in Digital Marketing” - Solo Speaker for online CLE class (10/11):
SXSW Film Festival: Digital Marketing Law for Filmmakers” – Solo Speaker (3/13, 3/14)
Glendale Community College: “Clearances for Filmmakers” – Solo Speaker (4/13, 10/13)
ACCESS MCLE - "Creating Sweeps and Contests-Legally!" (2/15)
MYMCLE - "Sweepstakes and Advertising Law Bootcamp" NYC (12/14)